It’s Pizza Time!
VIRTUAL COOKING CLASS – ITALIAN PIZZA
Italian pizza is best – and most authentic – when it’s made with fresh, delicious ingredients.
There are many kinds of pizza you can do. Just like there are many kinds of ingredients you can use. You will experience a complete dinner, with pizza, accompanied by the tasting of our wines.
As you know, the recipe starts with the dough, that usually needs 6 hours to rise. Before the class, we will send you our “how to make” video to help you realize the dough. At the beginning of the class our chef will show you again the procedure to knead the flour, so you can ask all the question you want and understand the perfect technique.
Now it’s time to flat the dough ball, and stretch out into a round! Working one ball of dough at a time, we will take one ball of dough and flatten it with hands. Starting at the center and working outwards, you will use your fingertips to press the dough to 1/2-inch thick. Our chef will show you how to turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch further. You will take your dough, you will roll it out like a real pizza chef!
Then we will try the products used to make the pizza. You will have a detailed explanation of the products to use: tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil. This step will help you understand how important it is to use quality products. The most exciting part will be when you eat your pizza!
✓ Cooking class is fully interactive.
✓ Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
✓ Ask as many questions as you want!
Duration: 1.5 Hours
Our cooking classes are tailored around you: we will discuss the menu in advance to meet your preferences and needs, always taking into account seasonal availability, then we will share with you the list of the ingredients to buy.
What we will cook together:
• Pizza Dough
(you have to prepare it at least 6 hours before the class, we will share a video to teach you how to make it)
• Pizza Margherita
• Pizza 4 Stagioni
• Pizza Mascarpone & Nutella
Ingredients for the dough (7-8 pizzas)
– 1 kg (2 lb) flour
– 450 g (2 cups) water
– 7 g (1 tablespoon) beer yeast (otherwise powder yeast)
– 20 g (2 tablespoon) salt
– 20 g (2 tablespoon) extra virgin olive oil
– 3 g (just over a pinch) sugar
Ingredients for decorations:
– 500 g (2 ½ cups) tomato sauce
– 500 g (2 ½ cups) fresh mozzarella cheese
– baked ham
– green or black olives
The wines we will taste:
- Chianti DOCG
A grape-variety of Sangiovese and Canaiolo. A wine of ancient origins, it is characterized by a bright red color tending to garnet with age. His bouquet is intense and fruity and its flavour is austere, full-bodied, tasty and slightly tannic, refining to smooth and velvety with time.
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
Vernaccia di San Gimignano is a grape variety which was first cultivated on the hills of San Gimignano. It was the first grape variety to be awarded, in 1966, the Denomination of Controlled Origin and in 1993, the D.O.C.G. Straw yellow color tending to golden with age. Fine, penetrating, fresh, fruity bouquet and a delicate, fruity flavour with a characteristic bitterish aftertaste.
minimum 10 partecipant
Class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
- 1.5 hours cooking class with Italian chef
- Wine Tasting school with our wine instructor
- 1 bottle of Chianti DOCG (Tuscan red wine)
- 1 bottle of Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG (White red wine)
- Torciano’s Italian cookbook (80+ recipes)
Included in our kit: Torciano’s Italian cookbook
What will you find in the book?
- More than 80 recipes: from appetizers to first and second courses with desserts.
- Many essentials tips to cook like an Italian, ispired to the dishes of mediterranean cuisine.
- Procedures for the bases of Italian cuisine: handmade pasta, bread, flat bread, puff pastry, ragù and many other preparations.